3 – Do I need a fire risk assessment?  

If you are responsible for a building, for example an employer, owner or occupier of a premises which isn’t classed as a private home, then yes you will need to make sure a fire risk assessment is completed and regularly reviewed every 12 months by a suitably competent person.